Accounting Clerk (m/f/d)
Skytanking provides a full range of aviation fuelling services including into-plane fuelling, aviation fuel storage and hydrant management, investment in aviation fuel facilities at airports and engineering. Its customers are airlines, airports, and oil companies. The company currently handles 23.2 million cbm of aviation fuel per year, refuels 2 million aircraft – which is equivalent to four fuellings per minute – and has operations at 83 airports in 14 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and North America.
Skytanking employs around 2,000 people.
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for assisting the Operations department with data entry and other basic accounting duties as well as preparing financial spreadsheets. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Performs Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable tasks in timely manner.
- Maintains an accurate database. Ensures all customer information is correct, building new customers and new sites for customers in the system when needed.
- Maintains files on all current accounts, documenting details of methods utilized to maximize revenue.
- Attempts to contact clients for payment acknowledgement when necessary along with necessary payment options.
- Prepares customers invoice
- May assist in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO#'s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, utilization reports, credit applications and certified payroll information.
- Builds, reviews, reports, and maintains daily, weekly, and monthly budgets and forecasts.
- Reconciles expenses and maintains vendor relationships.
- Performs financial analysis and recommends options to mitigate risk.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office – particularly Excel;
- Must enjoy working with financial data, excel spreadsheets;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills with the ability to multi-task; Must have positive attitude and work well with others; Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise good judgment.
- 1+ years accounting experience
- Able to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer;
- Able to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions;
- Able to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds.
Interested candidates should apply through the Workday Link.