(Senior) Project Engineer (m/f/d)
Skytanking provides a full range of aviation fuelling services including into-plane fuelling, aviation fuel storage and hydrant management, investment in aviation fuel facilities at airports and engineering. Its customers are airlines, airports, and oil companies. The company currently handles 23.2 million cbm of aviation fuel per year, refuels 2 million aircraft – which is equivalent to four fuellings per minute – and has operations at 83 airports in 14 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and North America.
Skytanking employs around 2,000 people.
A team of engineers is responsible for all engineering and consultancy contracts, both local and international (Qatar, Malta, Luxembourg, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Maldives, Mongolia, Argentina, UK, Italy, South Africa…). The engineering department is based at the Belgian subsidiary of the Skytanking group – Skytanking NV. This team of engineers is internationally known for its expertise in aviation fueling, which has been built up in the past 20 years.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and independent
(Senior) Project Engineer (m/f/d)
to join the engineering department based in Belgium. You will help to secure the international growth of Skytanking and help tackling the increasing workload in a professional manner.
- Build excellent relationships and promote Skytanking’s engineering expertise with all aviation infrastructure owners including airports, oil companies, local authorities and airlines;
- Apply engineering principles and practices to ensure that aviation infrastructures are designed, constructed, renovated and/or maintained
- in a safe, cost effective and timely manner;
- in line with local and international standards and the requirements set forward by the client;
- Serve as project engineer on complex projects (mechanical, automation, electrical,…), including defining project scope, selecting consultants and contractors, preparing and negotiating contracts, monitoring and steering of project schedules and costs;
- Conduct field and construction site inspections;
- Manage interfaces between different techniques in a project and provide technical guidance during detection of problems;
- Coordinate projects with the airport authorities, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders;
- Evaluate contractor’s requests for extra work, enforce terms of the contract, process payments and change orders. Resolve possible contractual disputes;
- Execute technical audits on Skytanking facilities and provide technical guidance to resolve observations;
- Work in a dynamic and flexible team;
- Report hierarchically to the Head of Engineering and functionally (project related) to the Manager Engineering projects.
- Master in Industrial Engineering (electro-mechanical).
- Spanish (fluent);
- English (fluent);
- Dutch or French (good working knowledge).
- Good knowledge of MS-Office (Excel and Project Planner) and AutoCAD (or similar drawing package).
- Broad appetite for all techniques (mechanics, electricity, automation and hydraulics);
- Working in an international environment;
- Attracted by a challenging job involving responsibilities.
- Punctual, accurate, flexible and independent;
- Experience in technical project management and managing interfaces between techniques – experience above 5 years is a plus;
- Experience in the petroleum sector is a plus;
- Planned and proactive approach respecting agreed deadlines.
- Social skills
- Team player;
- Steering and negotiation skills towards contractors, government institutions and other consultancy firms;
- Supportive and clear communication with clients;
- Transparent reporting within the company;
- Respectful towards other cultures.
- Determined to sign up for a long-term cooperation;
- Open to new challenges and willing to learn through self-education, projects and internal/external trainings;
- Eager to work in an international environment;
- Prepared to travel for longer periods.
Your work conditions:
- A well-paid position in the demanding working environment of aviation and petroleum sector;
- A full time contract
- With benefits (laptop, smart phone, car, food vouchers, health insurance);
- Providing specific benefits as applicable in the petroleum sector.
Please send your application to Bart Kinnaert in English, indicating your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Bart Kinnaert.